Z-Axis issue looking for help

Just upgraded to Cura 3.2.1 and Marlin 1.1.8. on my Gmax 1.5+ single. I am now having a issue with the Z-Axis crashing against the top rail and can only stop it using the off button. Also tried to run the initial setup file and its attempting to print 1 inch off the bed, and wont allow adjustment of the z-axis

So this worked for a while but once I power off the unit I have the same issue again. Tried re-uploading the software and following your instructions but I continue to have the same issue. I notice it when using "Auto Home" function the z-axis moves upward. If I attempt a print it moves up and hits the top rail. Would making a clean install work and if so how?

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
You can also go to Menu>Control>Store Settings after you initialize the EEPROM. But we have also recently launched a beta version of the Marlin 1.1.9 firmware. It is available in the downloads sections. You can follow these steps to upload the firmware.

After re-uploading firmware several times and following the steps above I go the setting to save and hold. Now I'm getting the following error with every print after the first pass. I tried to export new g-code files with no luck.

Attachments

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of hotend do you have? Also, have you changed the start gcode? With 1.1.8 you no longer need the "g28 x0 y0" or "g29" and the fan control is now an "M107" instead of "M106[0]"

j-Head....and I have made the changes to the code. Still running into issues with the code not saving. After a few prints or when I turn off the power, once back on I have the same original issue with the z-Axis.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
we have recently uploaded a beta version of marlin 1.1.9 to our downloads section. That can be uploaded in the same way as 1.1.8. Give that a try and see if you still have issues.

I'm new to the printing industry and enjoying every moment. I got a gmax my company gave me and updated to the latest update of Marlin 1.1.9 and i am having the same issue. The z-axis keeps going up until it hits the top and makes a noise. It won't let me center it/level it /prepare to print. I tried to move the axis but it keeps going up. I tried to use auto home and it just move the right and stops but never moves down.