Z Axis problems. Extruder not contacting the bed.

I've installed the E3D hotend (with the extended arm) but I can't get the extruder to get any lower to the bed. The hot end remains several millimeters above the bed and cannot be lowered through the Tuning/Babystepping-Z menu during print time.

I've tweaked the Z axis settings under “Prepare/Move Axis/Move Z/Move 0.1mm” until the hot end is a hair away from the bed. Storing the memory of that position and loading the memory does nothing and the extruder returns to it's original spot 5-6 mm above bed. It simply ignores all of my settings.

If it's stock, it'll have springs between it and the arm. You can tighten the screws to move it up or loosen to move it down.
I didn't want to play with the springs so I made mine locked in place, removed the springs and put in spacers as needed, then made the adjustment in the firmware. A lot easier than playing with the springs in my opinion. Plus, that way, I never have to worry about adjusting my Z for prints. I can literally just click print and the bltouch will be perfectly placed every time.