PLA not sticking

I haven't gotten a response to my questions in the other thread that I started, so I'm starting a new thread in hopes that someone will step in and help me. I'll paste the text from my other thread:

So after that first print created even more damage to the bed, I raised the level of the hot end. Now my ABS won't stick to the bed at all. I even tried hairspray, as is suggested on some other site, and still, there's no adhesion.

I really don't think that I raised the hot end too much, so I'm thinking that the problem is actually attributed to maybe the ABS not being brought to a high enough temperature. Can someone please tell me:

1) What is the correct temperature for ABS?
2) What is the correct temperature for PLA?
3) How do I specify these settings in Slic3r before I export my .gcode file? Because isn't that info supposed to be contained in the .gcode file so that I can save the .gcode file to my SD card and print from the printer? Or rather, do I specify the temperature settings WITHIN the printer itself, by doing it from the LCD screen? And if so, how?
4) How do I specify the temperature settings in Repetier-Host? I would like the option of printing from Repetier-Host instead of always having to use my SD card.
5) Will I have an easier time with PLA? Does PLA adhere to the bed better than ABS does?

Thank you, and please answer.

On the download page is a zip file with the Slic3r profiles. You have to follow the instructions in the 'details' button to get those into Slic3r. For PLA, it's important to have the first layer at 197 - 199 so that the PLA can still be removed from the Acrylic bed.

Google "repetier printrbot guide" They have decent tutorials on this stuff.

I think Don Bedwell recently got his machine working with Repetier. He may be able to pass on the configuration info for Repetier/ Slic3r.