PLA Residue

When printing my units got stuck to the bed. After several days of using a hair dryer to melt the pla enouph to remove it i was able to remove one, but it left behind a nasty residue. 2 questions. Why are my prints sticking SO severely that i cannot remove them, and 2 how can i remove this crusty residue.
Thanks

It sounds like the heat is too high for your first layer. It is recommended that you use 199° for the first layer and 208° for the rest of the build layers as a starting point. If the plastic has burned into the plastic build sheet too badly, you may have to disassemble and flip it over or replace it. A piece of coarse sandpaper may be needed to remove the residue.

This has happened to me when the bed was too close to the extruder on the first layers. It took a while for me to chip it off but I eventually got it off. I would shy away from heating the bed to get the residue off. This could warp your bed causing you a lot of frustration later on. I would not heat anything on my gMax using convection. Like a hair dryer or a heat gun. If any of the PLA your printer is made out of gets above 70C your parts will warp.