gMax 1.5 extruder blockage or correct part?

firing up my printer for the first time i could not get the 1.75mm filament to feed into the extruder.

i took off the extruder end, and there is a white tube (?) inside the top of black plastic part (see photo). is that white tube/cylinder supposed to be there? the inner diameter of that white tube is barely allows the filament to feed through the center of that, so should that thing/part be removed?

Attachments

Yes that is supposed to be there.

Before inserting the filament, cut it at an angle and straigten it out. Spin it around some while insterting it. This will help the filament walk off the "ledge" that it is stuck on.

gCreate_Kyle said:
Yes that is supposed to be there.

Before inserting the filament, cut it at an angle and straigten it out. Spin it around some while insterting it. This will help the filament walk off the "ledge" that it is stuck on.

yeah, i kinda figured that out, and cut my filament to a tip, but the extruder motor seems misaligned with the axis of the guide hole above that black extruder part w/the white tube, so i can't get it to feed in...

plus now the extruder motor doesn't work?

i got it to work. had to creatively cut the filament end and twirl it to pass the white tube edge, then the extruder when heated the motor worked. i read that was a safety precaution, so finally printing!