leveling issues

there has to be a easier way to level. i feel like its always off and even when i tighten the wing nuts and get it just right , i walk away and its to tight like theres a delay on the springs lol.. has anyone came up with a mod to making leveling easier and more accurate ? also leaning over and turning the wing nuts in the back to level is such a pain

Hi Michael,

Re wing nuts: Depending on the "feng shui" of your shop. You may want to turn your printer. Thats what I did to make reaching the wing nuts in the back a little easier.

Try printing the attached STL. Make small adjustments.

1) I will let it print a perimeter around the bed and the X in the middle. Then stop the print.

2) I take notes on the bed adhesion in the corners and center of the bed.

3) Then make 1 or 2 small adjustments. Record those as well. Rinse and repeat the process.

example of my bed leveling notes

trial 1

notes: no adhesion x0 y0, poor adhesion y400, skipping x300 y100.

adjustments made after trial: raise #3 1/4 turn, rasie #1 half turn

Adjustments on the left side of the bed can change the far right side and vice versa. This is why notes are important and why you should avoid making large adjustments

The method described in the build and calibration manual is a good method. Use it to get you as close as you can. Then use this one to really dial it in.

Good Luck hope this helps!
Kyle

Attachments

I too had a lot of problems leveling when I first started with my gMAX. Now, I can't even remember the last time I leveled the bed. I've probably done 50 prints without adjusting the leveling screws. The only change I can recall making is really tightening down the leveling screws so there is not much bounce in the bed. Maybe the tight spring pressure prevents the leveling screws from loosening.

Chris