Power supply cord doesn't Match up with Manual (LCD Screen)

I can't upload the pictures but basically the picture in the manual doesn't match up to the cord that I have. I can plug the LCD screen cord into the very bottom slot of the power supply cord, the second slot from the top, and the middle. I cannot plug it into the 2nd from the bottom. Also the top section is able to detach from the main body. The blue light on the power button for the LCD screen comes on when I have it plugged into the 2nd from the top but the screen doesn't illuminate or anything. Also no fans turn on or any LED lights. Any ideas on how I would be able to upload pictures on this forum? I don't know how to upload my pictures on public web servers.

Re: Power supply cord doesn't Match up with Manual (LCD Scre

I recommend imgur, it's the easiest to use, and then you can include the link to the image here.

Kyle will take care of you.

Hi Mark,
The gMax uses only 4 of the 20 pins on the molex connector. A power and ground for the LED light in the button. And a ground and signal wire which toggles the power supply on and off.

The gMax uses two yellow (12v) and two black (GND) cords from a seperate connector to power the rest of the printer. You can also power the 5v electronics (not the motors or heater cartidge) via USB.

The 4 pin connector should plug into the 20 pin molex exactly how it is shown in the manual. If the shapes do not line up correctly you have to force it on. It will go on no problem and work as intended.

The picture shows the pins we are interested in. The colors should match up with the wires from the button. COM is ground.

Pictures: As Ray said, Imgur is a good way to upload pictures. You can copy and paste the BBcode right into your messgage. Which I did for this picture.

You can also upload them right to the forum. You need to use jPEG or PNG files under 1 MB.

Hope this helps,
Kyle

I don't know if I got the wrong connector or what because it will not fit in that position. The first pic is when the blue light comes on.

The holes don't match.

Any ideas?

You have to force it on in the orientation and location described in the manual.

You could cut the wires from the connectors and solder them together.

You can place a jumper between pin 15 and 16. And plug and unplug the printer to turn it on and off.