Layers Shifting - Pulley Set Screws have been tightened

Hey,

I need help with shifting layers in my print. I've tightened set screws on the pulleys. These are still the results I'm getting. Help! I've tried both simplify 3D and slicr.

AlexD

Is your Y Axis Belt tight enough? The bed doesn't hit anything when moving from end to end on the Y? Seems to be a bigger problem than just layer shifting to me...

Does this happen with every print of this model, or any model, or did it happen just this one time? Whatever you do don't touch any of the x/y motors while a print is underway. If you do this the prints will shift every time due to the change in resistance. I had this happen quite a bit until I learned to just not touch the motors mid print.. Another thing to check on is if the y motor is super hot when the shifting occurs. You might need to turn down the power on the stepper driver just a tad. Could be getting too hot over time, not immediately out of the gate, and then causing the shifting. I installed a heated bed on mine and noticed that the heat from the bed was causing the motor to overheat and shift so I ended up putting a small fan on the motor and haven't had a problem since. Thats a bit different but I thought I'd share.

These are the most common causes of layer shifting:

1. Slicer configurations/ Speed settings

2. You need to calibrate, possibly replace, your stepper driver.

3. The grub screw on the timing pulley vibrated loose.

4. Although somewhat rare, you may have an unreliable connection with your stepper motor. A loose wire.

I would also recommend changing the X Y jerk setting down in the lcd menu under "motion"
Ive got mine set to 10. I think it defaults to 20
Oh and print directly from the SD card