MINTEMP Errors

Hi,

So something pretty weird just happened on our machines. We recently bought a second Gmax 1.5XT+ and started running them both.

On our first machine, we had never had any issues with Mintemp.

This morning I came in, the older printer seemed to be running fine, but I haven't been able to get the new printer to run at all, it was giving me the ERR: MINTEMP message.

While trying to look online at forums and the FB group, the older printer randomly stopped in the middle of its print and started giving me the same MINTEMP error. What could have caused both of these issues to occur simultaneously....

PLEASE HELP!!

Anthony

AlexD

Anthony, i had replied to you on facebook, but after reading this post it might be a good idea to check all of the connections on thermistors.

I was under the impression that the printer was displaying mintemp first thing in the morning (meaning that the ambient temp was reading too cold).

Stopping during a print due to MINTEMP shouts problematic thermistor, or the connection is being lost, check the connections and also the ethernet cable.

Alex

EDIT:

I'm not sure why the Firmware is not in the downloads section mate, the 1.0 & 1.5 used to be in there but no longer are.

In order to flash the firmware, you need to download a copy of the Arduino IDE, this will install the Arduino Environment and also the drivers onto the PC / Laptop.

After this you simply have to open the firmware using the Arduino IDE and upload it to the Arduino, its really easy and theres probably a much better guide on google than i could ever write.

Thanks for your response Alex. I double-checked all of the connectoins on our older machine and that MAY have fixed it (it's now letting me purge fillament and preheat).

However, please see the attached photo. This is the extruder of the new machine we just got last week. I noticed that there is no Kapton tape holding down the connections as there is on our first machine. Could this be the connection issue? The two wires are clearly not connected to anything, and I'm assuming the Kapton tape is supposed to be there to hold it in place....

Anthony

AlexD

Yeah they look to have snapped from the thermistor, i seem to remember getting a spare one with my gmax when i bought it? Do you have a spare with yours?

If you replace it you need to make sure the wires cant make contact with each other or touch the metal on the hotend, this will cause you to get a MAXTEMP error.

Anthony,

You are definitely missing a thermistor. It appears the wires melted free from the thermistor but the thermistor is nowhere to be seen. It should be in one of the two vacant holes in the hotend secured by a screw.

One of my stock thermistor wires broke and they are a huge pain to replace. I found these screw in replacements and they are a dream to install. When I built my custom gMax I used them and they were big time and labor savers To me, they're worth the few extra dollars as they are basically screw in / plug and play and they work very well. The actual thermistor used is the same type that E3D provides with their hotends.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E3D-version-of- ... 1490496841

Cheers,

Shaqfoo

gui

Hi there ..I'm new to the group...with my GMax-1.5 ...I have the same problems... Maxtemp...error.
I unplug and plug back thermistor connectors and back to printing... but for only 3 hours...
I will replace thermistor this time...

Also notice extruder miss feeding ..after long investigation ...was due to a faulty cable.

Please anybody knows where can I get new cables for the extruder stepper and spare parts in general?

GOOD 3D PRINTING FOR ALL IN 2016

AlexD

MAXTEMP indicates that the circuit is being shorted, have you made sure that the wires are not connecting through the heater block, IIRC you should have got a spare thermistor with your gMax.

I have replied to your post in the other thread just Google NEMA17 Stepper cable, or the OpenBuilds website or from gCreate directly.

Thanks

Alex