Gmax 1.5 to 1.5+ Upgrade Troubles

Like several here I loved my Gmax 1.5 but when I saw the upgrades available in the + version and the addition of a heat bed I was hooked. I called and was originally given a price that was well out of my budget, so I began to look up the prices of all of the parts needed to upgrade and found that I could do it for a 1/3 of the cost originally given to me. I purchased all of the parts including the Red controller board full graphic display, bltouch, the heat bed, the metal electronics box, the new z-axis and x-axis bracket rollers, the larger z-axis rods, and began printing all of the new parts. when I felt I had everything I took tons of pictures of the printer as it was and all of the wiring connections. It was pretty straight forward swapping everything out. Next came the firmware upgrade. No problem plug the new mega and red board in and download the firmware provided by GCreate. This is where my problems started. While trying to get the z-axis right it was reversed. First I tried flipping the connections for the z-axis motors on the board. this corrected the direction of the motors but with the loss of the endstop working in the correct direction. after several days of working on this i still do not have a fix. If not for the bltouch the hot end would collide with the printbed. The other thing is that the blower is not working.

With all this said, is there anyone out there that can help? I have a major project held up waiting on the use of the printer.

Many Thanks,

William Cox

I wish I could help. I'm in a similar boat. I have an original kickstarter model 1.0 that i have upgraded to something like a 1.5+. it really is a hodge podge. My original small screen has sh*t the bed. I got a Full Graphic display as a replacement. But now what ever firmware I use it either shows a blank screen or I see Gmax screen flashing and its beeps loudly. I have original Gadgets 3D hardware but the new screen also came with a new breakout for exp-1and exp-2. Please please help Kyle