Don't know where to start with this one?

Good after noon folks,

Though I do not know if that is considered to be an acceptable term “folks”, in NY? Hope all is well.
As for me, not so much, around midnight, Albuquerque time I gave up, though I did not allow me to
sleep too much as I could not quit thinking about what the problem might be.

Obviously, it is going to be something very simple because you folks spent two hours testing the
machine and I am just over looking something that is keeping me from completing my first print.

In order to insure we both share the same orientation, I shall refer to the Top as N (north), the Bottom
as S (south) Left as W (west) & Right as E (east).

So I begin as instructions suggest, up to inserting the card and choosing to print the selected file. The
Extruder assembly moves to the upper left (north-west) corner. Then it moves to the center of the print-
board. It hovers approximately 1/4” above the board while letting out filament. It then travels about 3”
down (south) and is now about a business card above the board, it prints a very thin circle, then makes
a couple of circles without letting out any filament, though it is making some other type of melody type
of noise it then goes to the far left (west) edge of the print board and stops.

I have tried repeatedly with two different 3D models and both of them do the same thing. I would be
grateful for any suggestion that you may be able to provide.

Thank You.

Lee@TriVention.com

what does your start code look like? I find that behavior like that is almost always in the start code.
your code should look like this

G28 X0 Y0 ; Home X and Y axis
G28 ; Home all axis
G29 ; Auto bed leveling probe
M218 T1 X33.90 Y-0.3; Set 2nd extruder offset. This method is better than setting in in the extruder tab since it can be updated easily later
M201 X600 Y600; Set X and Y acceleration values
M204 S600; Set default acceleration
G1 Z15 F5000; Raise nozzle
M106 S[0]; Turn off fan
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0; Layer 1 temperature for extruder 0
M109 S[extruder0_temperature] T0; Layer 1 temperature for extruder 0
M104 S[extruder1_temperature] T1; Layer 1 temperature for extruder 1
M109 S[extruder1_temperature] T1; Layer 1 temperature for extruder 1
G1 X210 Y210 Z5 F9000

Also if its printing circles without filament, you should be using a brim. Lots of times material will ooze out of the nozzle while heating up, and you need this brim to "prime", for lack of a better term, your extruder. With a new printer, your going to want to change one step at a time, however you will probably have multiple issues to work out.

I would follow dunginhawk's advice and if that fixes the start behavior, but not the printing, than look into mine.

bobr

I have never had or played with a 3D printer before buying the gMax 1.5 XT
For me I only had a few small setup problems…
1) Before turning on the printer I made sure the bed moved back with ease (in my case I have to adjust the right rail that the table rides on).
2) Next I made sure the extrude head moved left and right with ease
3) I moved the extrude head to the center of the bed and turned the printer on
4) Once the printer was on I used the control and selected Auto-home.
5) Next I selected a file in the OLD folder … old gMax ( I think called logo)
6) The printer started go to different places on the table checking the level
7) After it came to the right temperature it started printing.

And I have been printing ever day and I am very happy with picking gMax as my 3D printer.

I do wish they had a support phone number so a new users could at least buy 1 hour of phone support… Email answers are always 1 day away.

I am sure they will put you on the right path...