First Layer Problems with s3d

Hi all, I've already posted this in the FB group but I'm looking for some more help. I've had my gmax 1.5xt+ for about a week now and can't get a proper first layer with s3d. I'm using the default settings included in the profile download from gcreate. The outer perimeters look fine, but the infill lines are about 1mm thicker then the outer lines, this causes problems with the 2nd layer. Any changes I make to the settings causes problems with extruding. The weirdest part is if I include a raft then the nozzle lifts so far up that the filament doesn't even take any sort of shape. I've included pictures of my results, I can include screenshots of my settings but they are just the default settings included with the profile download. I've even tried a profile from Joel Telling with no luck, so i back tracked to the gcreate profile to take these pictures. Any help is appreciated.

I see your printing on the acrylic. Nothing against gcreate but you cannot have a perfectly flat piece of acrylic. That could have an affect on what your doing. I would increase your first layer height to at least 200%. Im not sure what the stock settings are, but if your infill lines are thicker its due to the setting located on the infill tab of S3D, called Infill Extrusion width.

Using the Cura advanced tab, set initial speed to 20 mm/s. It would be useful to know what speed you have been printing the 1st layer with?

Not sure what the 0.6mm nozzle impact is, if any, but most people use 0.3mm for the 1st layer, so it would be worth swapping to 0.3mm to see. 3d printing in gujarat india

You say 60degrees, it would worth trying it a bit warmer, say 65, this does vary with printer/filament.

Are you using any adhesive? If not that will help - most use adhesive, not all. I use extra strength hair spray, many others use special glue stick or a sludge made from it.

Make sure you filament is flowing properly before starting your print. If you cannot manually feed it before starting (say 30mm) then if you are not using a brim then use a skirt, say minimum distance 30mm - the expert setting menu displays the settings for the skirt.

I assume you are saying the front door is closed. I do not think this will really have an impact, either way but I print PLA, including 1st layer with door open and the roof off.

Your elephant's feet - this will normally be caused by your nozzle being too close to the bed, i.e. not calibrated correctly. Lower the bed just slightly, say 0.05mm, and again if no effect. I use a more accurate process...

For the nozzle to bed distance I have a calibration test routine, using a standard cube. I have a z-offset in the start gcode routine which makes it easy to adjust the nozzle to bed distance automatically and accurately. I use a binary chop style process to adjust the distance. On my printer I need a z-offset to allow for the glass plate; I do not know how it works on the UM2 with a glass plate. If you do not need a z-offset then just set it to 0.0. So…

Having set the distance during levelling using the standard sheet of paper, and assuming my z-offset is 7.1mm I will print the test cube (1st layer or 2 only).

Then I add 0.04 to the offset and print again

If 7.14 gives a better result then I add another 0.04

If 7.18 gives a better result then I add another 0.04 etc etc

If 7.22 gives a worse result then I subtract 0.02.

If 7.20 gives a better result than7.18 I will try 7.21, meaning either 7.20 or 7.21 is the correct offset

Referring to the above, if I find that 7.15 is worse then I go the other way, setting the offset to 7.10 etc etc