Left Z-Axis screw drive seizing. Brand New Printer.

I just opened my new Gmax 1.5 XT today. I've printed 4 prints so far including the bed level test print that comes on the SD card from gCreate. After printing my last print, I tried to raise the carriage using the prepare menu, and it just seemed to grind on the left side, but the right side moved fine. I adjusted the right side so everything was level again and it still buzzed. After futzing with it for another 1-2 times, I tried just helping the left side by pushing up with one finger, and it went up no problem! Once I was up a few centimeters, I tried going up on it's own and it went up and down fine. When I got back down near the bed, it would not go up again and just buzzes on the left side. If the carriage is within about 30mm of the bed, it wont go back up under it's own power. I felt the left lead screw a little bit, and it does feel like it's rather dry in the area where it seems to seize up, so I'm wondering if I just need to add some lubrication, but I'm not sure what kind I should use. I have some white lithium grease on hand, and MIGHT have some thinner silicone based lubrication somewhere in the garage. I'm hesitant to try much since this is a brand new printer, and I'm thinking I might just need to contact gCreate directly before doing anything.

More possibly pertinent info about me:
I'm fairly new to 3d printing. I bought this printer a few months ago and ordered a Maker Select v2 as a primer to 3d printing around the same time. I've upgraded the control board on that printer to RAMPS 1.4 like the gmax, and am fairly familiar with Marlin at this point. I know my way around a soldiering iron and multimeter, but am still learning about 3d printing.