Below are shown some critical high performance areas that once fine tuned, the print results will leave you smiling in satisfaction.
I did not want to develop each topic below as it can be pretty extensive. However I have dealt with all of the topics while upgrading the printer. I'm not showing or suggesting something new here. In fact all of these topics have been covered throughout the internet extensively. However this information can be found in scattered places and there is not one spot where all can be addressed at once. Perhaps this can be a good place to start.
So if anyone is interested in developing either topic, I would be glad to share my knowledge with you.
Addressing some of the topics below will give you dimensionally accurate and smooth prints (of course depending on your slicer settings as well).
Topics for Discussion
1. Squaring the X, Y, Z axis
2. Making your Z axis Level to the frame
3. Acurizing / Calibrating steps per minute X, Y, Z
4. Extruder Filament Calibration – Extruded Length
5. Calibrating Filament Extrusion Multiplier - Calculating the Setting
6. Acceleration X&Y Jerk Settings - Ringing Reduction
7. Calibrating Your Heater Block Thermistor – PID Auto-tune (E3D V6 or J-Head)
8. Surveying & Mapping your Heated Bed for Thermal Gradient (cold spots & print warping)
9. Modifying Marlin Firmware & Updating to your Ramps 1.4
10. Mounting the E3D-V6 Extruder
11. BluTouch Installation and Calibration- setting your Z offset
12. Stale Filament - Drying your Filament - Popping filament & not sticking to bed
- These users thanked the author PianoPrint for the post (total 0):