S3D Vertical Lift (Z-HOP)

Hi!

Anyone experienced that the Vertical Lift doesn't work like it should? I started with 0.5mm, 0.8mm and now 1mm, and I still get nozzle drag when it moves across large prints.

oneaday said:
Hi!

Anyone experienced that the Vertical Lift doesn't work like it should? I started with 0.5mm, 0.8mm and now 1mm, and I still get nozzle drag when it moves across large prints.
Yeah I noticed this early on. I did the same and now it is set to 1mm in my Simplify config. This seems like a really excessive height but has worked for several months now with no more dragging.

Dennis

DForbes said:
oneaday said:
Hi!

Yeah I noticed this early on. I did the same and now it is set to 1mm in my Simplify config. This seems like a really excessive height but has worked for several months now with no more dragging.

Dennis

seems like everything needs to be scaled up on the gMax?
I've also seen that the S3D supports tend to be impossible to remove at my normal 0.2mm value for "Horiz offset from part", I need to increase that to like 0.8mm to be able to remove it as easy as when I print the same model on my Prusa i3 MK2... (same layer heights and nozzles)