Autoleveling probe problem with corners

Update: Found a way to add the photo:

Intro: Hello all, this is AnAnne. I work with SAuger and took over troubleshooting the issues with our gMax 1.5XT Dual Extruder awhile back. For some reason my request for an account on the forum never came through so we're sharing one. It's the same printer, so I hope it's alright.
Anyway, we are using Simplify3D and printing in PLA (currently Hatchbox red) and it has the BLTouch Auto-leveler.

So, background: I just installed a brand-new glass heated bed after we had a major crash (the result of an un-named individual deciding the first thing we should do with our new printer was attempt a 16"x16" print and leave it unsupervised for the night). It left our aluminum heated bed really wavy, which meant we could only get a solid first layer in the very center of the bed. That said, everything was tuned to a point where that center section was start-and-walk-away. We figured when the glass bed came in, we could install it and finally print large-scale.

Problem: I installed the glass bed and prepped a file with five copies of an object. One in the center and four in the four corners of the bed. I am uncertain if the photo I tried to attach will work... {edit: it did not work} but if you cannot see it, the far left and near right corners are both printing so high that I cannot get them to print without driving the hotend into the other printing areas. Basically, my choice is two stringy piles of nothing and three decent prints, or three gouged unprinted areas and two decent prints. Really hope I am making some sense here.

Fixes attempted:
-Adjustment of the probe
-Shims under the problem corners
-Shims under the problem corners and above the good corners
-Switching the clips around

None of these fixes yielded any results. The next thing I am going to try is tricking the sensor by placing sheets of cardstock on the three reading spots that are printing low, but that's a pretty jenky fix. Any advice would be appreciated and please feel free to ask any questions that might provide greater clarity to the problem.

Thank you!

TLDR: Two opposite corners on glass bed are printing substantially lower than the rest of the print bed

Are you sure that the metal frame supporting the build plate isn't skewed?

im actually having some similar issues with my brand new gMax with heated glass bed.
I'm having different Z offsets on different spots on the plate, I think its just leaning in one axis though, so it has problably to do with some break in of the wheels and adjustments. But I can only print on the left side OR the right side, and adjust Babysteps according to which side im on.

Hey OneADay, I'm not sure if the frame being off would cause this, since it seems to think the two opposite corners are high but it's definitely worth looking at. I already took a straight edge to the plate itself and everything there seems good. The frame itself had not occurred to me. So glad it's 80-20 right now :) Will update after the morning's investigations!

Additional question? Does anyone know if adjustments made as a result of the autoleveling probe actually show on the info screen? Because the test I am running now did not show any change in z-height from one corner to the next, which either means that it does not show those adjustments or that the glass plate is physically warped (which would be very disappointing).

That said I forced the first layer and am again just, super-impressed with this machine. Once she had something to hang on to she started printing like a champ. I didn't even stop the print because I just want to see if she can somehow succeed against all logic. :)

sauger said:
Additional question? Does anyone know if adjustments made as a result of the autoleveling probe actually show on the info screen? Because the test I am running now did not show any change in z-height from one corner to the next, which either means that it does not show those adjustments or that the glass plate is physically warped (which would be very disappointing).

That said I forced the first layer and am again just, super-impressed with this machine. Once she had something to hang on to she started printing like a champ. I didn't even stop the print because I just want to see if she can somehow succeed against all logic. :)
No the autoleveling data isnt displayed at all, I'm also missing the actual adjustment made with the Babystep Z as well.
on my other printers (prusa MK2) I tend to have one layer height setting in the slicer and then I change the "Live Z adjust, (same as Babystep Z) during the initial purge depending on if I'm about to print PETG, PLA, PC or Flexible for example.

I've had some issues when reaching above 350-400mm, but I'm also having alot of patterns on my outside surface, so something is not 100% correct on my printer. It really pushes out prints though :D

With my Prusa i3 MK2 I'm used to the PEI print surface and I LOVE it.
I have not been able to make friends with the Buildtak, so I've just ordered a 400x400mm PEI sheet which will land on my glassplate in a few weeks.

Well, after a bit of fiddling, I have determined that the frame is a bit warped (good call OneADay). I have jammed two washers under the front-right clip and 5(!) under the rear-left. The rear left corner is still pretty off from the rest, but I am wary of further shimming it and it's sort of working.

Also, googling.... Ah, Ultem. I'll look into getting a sheet for the bed, the buildtak is working fine for us right now, but anything we can do to be more efficient is a plus. :)

sauger said:
Well, after a bit of fiddling, I have determined that the frame is a bit warped (good call OneADay). I have jammed two washers under the front-right clip and 5(!) under the rear-left. The rear left corner is still pretty off from the rest, but I am wary of further shimming it and it's sort of working.

Also, googling.... Ah, Ultem. I'll look into getting a sheet for the bed, the buildtak is working fine for us right now, but anything we can do to be more efficient is a plus. :)

where do you live Sauger?

I managed to source 400x400mm PEI Sheets which I will replace my Buildtak with, but I "had" to buy five of them, so I could easily sell you one if you want?

I appreciate the offer but it's a work machine, so I have to source purchases through our approved vendor list.
We're in Seattle though, :)

sauger said:
I appreciate the offer but it's a work machine, so I have to source purchases through our approved vendor list.
We're in Seattle though, :)
Alright, just got my sheets anyway :D Just ripped off my buildtak!