auto-home issue

Hey everyone, pretty new to the forum but I've had my gmax for about 6 months now. Overall i'm very happy with it but i'm having some issues recently that have me trying to find a solution:

currently i'm having an issue with the "auto-home" function on the printer. it has worked in the past but I recently had a very catastrophic failed print and since then I haven't had much luck on getting any prints to work right. but here's the issue:

when I give the command auto-home from the printer itself, it'll home the x axis, then the y axis, but rather than going to the center, it attempts to home the z-axis in that corner. and when it does come in contact with the bed, it pushes straight through. I have turned the machine off to prevent any damage and unfortunately since this started to show I haven't been able to correct it. Any thoughts?

gmax 1.5xt+ dual extruder, I have been using Octopi to control it normally. Thanks!

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your wires for the BLTouch came loose or disconnected. Double check them behind the led cover that they havent been pulled apart. Then make sure they are plugged in correctly on the electronics board. But turn it off before you go inside the electronics board.

Hi Joshua,
I'm updating the Gmax 1.0 to 1.5+ with latest fw Marlin 1.1.8. After I powered the machine and auto home, a Y-axis always makes a noise after it hit the Y end stop. It looked like want to move further.
I did check the belt tension, it was ok.

I also have a question about height of Z V-slot rail for 1.5+ and 1.5+XT.
I really appreciate of your help!!!

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Hi quangd,

The 80/20 pieces we use are 26" and 17" tall. As far your y-axis goes, are you sure the endstop is being triggered? An LED light should come on when triggered. I would also make sure the endstop is plugged into the y-max pins on the ramps board.

Hi quangd,

The 80/20 pieces we use are 26" and 17" tall. As far your y-axis goes, are you sure the endstop is being triggered? An LED light should come on when triggered. I would also make sure the endstop is plugged into the y-max pins on the ramps board.

Hi Joshua,
Thanks for your quick response!!!
Yes, the endstop plugged into the y-max pins of the ramps board. The endstop LED came on before it made a noise.

Hi Joshua,
I'm at work now but can I try it once I get home.
Can I know what happen after I press the endstop trigger by hand?
1- The Y-axis stops moving. Is it good/bad? how I can fix it?
2- the Y-axis is still moving. Is it good/bad? how I can fix it?

Thanks and have great Friday!!!
Quang

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
if the y-axis stops moving forward, the endstop is good. In this case, it might not be getting triggered by the v-slot wheel under the bed. You can try to bend the metal trigger on the endstop out a little bit.

If the y-axis keeps moving, the endstop might be bad, or might not be properly connected. Make sure the wire is inserted correctly.

Hi Joshua,
After hit auto home from LCD display, the nozzle hit the bed times before moving about an inch. You can see from attached video.
If I hit bed level, the X-Axis kept moving up and never stop.
Can you show me step by step after loading latest Marlin fw 1..1.8?
Do I need to change the step motors when I modifies my printer from Gmax to Gcreate 1.5+?
For the RAMP boards, I did use the red one as you stated. How about the step motor drivers? I used the ones come with Ramp board (red color)

Thanks,
Quang

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
We only have configuration files written for the XT. If you want to change the printing area in cura you can just adjust the machine settings. Change the Z(Height) from 533 mm to 304 mm

After I adjusted the Z-height from Cura, I hit the auto home from LCD screen. The Z-Axis still moved up after hit the center of heated bed 2 times as you see in the video that I sent it to you in previous email.
Do you have any idea?

All wire connection are correct. I have another question.
The machine can't move Y,X,Z axis after auto home.Do you have any idea?

Hi Joshua,
I'm updating the Gmax 1.0 to 1.5+ with latest fw Marlin 1.1.8. After I powered the machine and auto home, a Y-axis always makes a noise after it hit the Y end stop. It looked like want to move further.
I did check the belt tension, it was ok.

I also have a question about height of Z V-slot rail for 1.5+ and 1.5+XT.
I really appreciate of your help!!!
Check the micro switch. turn stepper off and push Y all the way over and see if you hear the switch click.