How to add Dual E3D Extruder settings to Cura profile?

The downloadable Cura profiles for the gMax 1.5 XT+ don't seem to contain any support for the E3D Dual Extruders. How do I add those?

---

The supplied Cura files work just fine in Cura 2.7, but there's no dual extruder support, and no apparent way to add it.

I downloaded Cura 3.0.4 and tried importing the gCreate printer & quality profiles. Found out that installing the current gCreate Cura files is a quick way to make Cura 3 not work at all. I had to clear the Cura settings, create custom printer & quality settings in Cura, and then modify them to match the settings in the gCreate files (or so I thought). But it doesn't work correctly. For example, the printer heats up & bed-levels, and then turns off the nozzle heater as soon as it starts extruding. And the first layer is always screwed up, even if I manually reset the nozzle temp. I've gone through the settings in Cura, and the print temps are all correct. Something is wrong at a very basic level, and I'm at a loss to figure it out.

So...at this point I'm staring at a $4k filament waster. We are in dire need some gCreate support here. Specifically, we need a set of updated Cura files that work with the current version (preferably 3.0.4, but at least 2.7), and support the Dual E3D Extruder.

---