My gMax

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
That is a fantastic setup Julia. What filaments have you experimented with? We are ready to try taulman3d T-Glase blue and colorfabb XT when we get a break in printing parts...

I've run just about everything there is on my Up and Afinia. The Zortrax is on an ABS-only diet for the moment, and so far the gMax has only run Colorfabb PLA+PHA. I'll probably try it with Ninjaflex soon - the 0.5mm nozzle and controllable speed will be good for it, but it remains to be seen how the feeder will do; slippage is a problem with the Up and rubber. Also looking forward to trying nylon on the gMax. I have a bunch of XT but support removal has been difficult on things I've printed with it. I couldn't get T-Glase to feed on the Up but it probably will on the gMax. And I've got a spool of Woodfill... so many things to try!

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
We found the woodfill to work perfectly with the existing slic3r profile. It's so much fun to print with and it smells great. We've found our drive gears grip the filament amazingly well after experimenting with many setups (including the QU-BD) and our new design works great with eco-flex PLA from formfutura. For very flexible filaments its eccomended to reduce the speed. We plan on increasing the extruder motor bracket barrel even more to ensure any flexible filaments dont bind up.

I cant wait to try the XT filament and T-Glase hopefulyl tomorrow. The question is what models to use?

Ninjaflex is at least twice as soft and flexible as Flex Eco and much more useful for what I do (and it comes in lots of colors). Good to hear that the gMax feeder is grippy!

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
juliatruchsess said:
Ninjaflex is at least twice as soft and flexible as Flex Eco and much more useful for what I do (and it comes in lots of colors). Good to hear that the gMax feeder is grippy!
Ordering it as I type

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
eco flex warps a LOT! I tried several times to print a 'rubber' frog and I could not get it to finish no mater what I tried. I can't wait to try the new stuff.