A full-scale model of the product is manufactured out of polymeric material. While the actual product may be made out of a different type of material besides plastic, the idea is to create a real-life size product to help the product designer verify the design. This can be done in many different forms, making the process of creating a prototype device much more adaptable and budget-friendly
Some techniques are write below:
1. 3D printing (3DP)
2. Fused deposition modeling (FDM): is one of the more popular methods. It allows you to make a lot of different kinds of plastic parts. Polyjet printing allows a variety of flexible and rigid materials.
3. Stereolithography (SLA) : is a UV curing of resin technique that is more expensive but gives a great finish and can give you perfectly transparent parts. DLP uses a more conventional light source.
4. Selective laser sintering (SLS)
5. Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM).
rapid prototyping have to different industries?
application of rapid prototyping in medical field
3d printing in architecture industry
application of rapid prototyping in automotive industry
jewelry prototype manufacturers
3d printed art project
- These users thanked the author 3dtech for the post (total 0):