So much new stuff!

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
So you may or may not have noticed all the new stuff on our social media channels, our website and the forum. We have officially launched the gMax 1.5 + and gMax 1.5 XT + and you can check out all the details on the website. We have spent a lot of time on the new design, the website and the new videos (yes 2 new videos) so we hope you enjoy.

Check our Facebook page for an official announcement coming soon.
https://www.facebook.com/gcreate3d

As well as the amazing Facebook gMax User Group which always has great posts. Join today.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gmaxusers/

For the forum we have a new style which we hope is more pleasing to the eye and a bit more modern. We have also added a few new plugins.

We now have a Gallery section with 6 albums. You can upload all the images you want to these galleries and share them as you please. We wanted to give our community a place where their images live and you can have direct url's. While we love Facebook some of the posts tend to get buried so if you post here and share on FB people can also get back here easily. If you want more albums or have suggestions let us know. The images also have a rating system so you can rate the images.

We have also added social media share icons to the forum and the gallery. Hopefully it's easier than ever to share your post on your favorite social site.

Lastly we added a "Thanks" system. Basically you can thank someone for a post and show them you like it. We hope this will help show where the good topics are and show appreciation for people posting.

We discuss the thanks system and also added forum rules to a new page called "Forum Rules and Tips"
http://forum.gcreate.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=513&sid=431881ec51812585748d5ef7629cc4ae

Read it over and let us know what you think. We hope people continue to use the forums, upload great content and that you like our new changes.

Make sure to show your thanks with Kyle and everyone else.

In the end we would like to say Thank You to everyone who was a part of this. From posting, to feedpack to amazing mods we have the best community in 3d printing and we love that. Be sure to share this with everyone and lets continue to grow this already amazing community.

Anna, Gordon and the gCreate Team

I'm super excited about all the new announcements! The page, the forum, and especially the new printers look great! :D

Do you guys have any estimation of how soon you will have the gMax 1.5+ files up on the new site? I ask because I'm about to modify my gMax 1.0 and would love to incorporate some of the new design changes you made.

Thanks,

Caleb

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
CalebC said:
I'm super excited about all the new announcements! The page, the forum, and especially the new printers look great! :D

Do you guys have any estimation of how soon you will have the gMax 1.5+ files up on the new site? I ask because I'm about to modify my gMax 1.0 and would love to incorporate some of the new design changes you made.
Thanks,
Caleb
How far do you want to take the upgrade? :)

How far do you want to take the upgrade? :)
The main parts I'm interested in are for the new Extruder/Print-Head which can be easily removed, and the Y-Axis bed setup. Also are you going to be selling the new laser cut print bed separately? That would be great to be able to buy as an upgrade.

I'd love to actually incorporate all of the new designs, but I don't think I could easily replicate the new Z-Axis design since I'll be coupling together the two angled 80/20 parts from the gMax 1.0 into a taller Z-Axis. I added photos of the Sketchup design I made for it to the 'Work in Progress' user gallery, they just need to be approved and you'll see what I'm attempting.

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
Our goal is to add the new bed plate (laser cut aluminum, rails and wheels) to our store so everyone can upgrade it easily. The full gmax 1.5+ upgrade is much more comprehensive and will require much more time. We are leaning towards video instructions since they are visual, audible and you can pause.

GORDON.LAPLANTE said:
Our goal is to add the new bed plate (laser cut aluminum, rails and wheels) to our store so everyone can upgrade it easily. The full gmax 1.5+ upgrade is much more comprehensive and will require much more time. We are leaning towards video instructions since they are visual, audible and you can pause.
That's GREAT news! I will definitely be ordering the bed plate kit when it's available, and I'm really happy you're offering such a good upgrade to people who bought the older versions.

I can completely understand why a full upgrade would be extensive considering all the improvements. Personally I'm more just interested in the 3D files so I can pick portions at a time to print and upgrade, specifically the extruder parts because I got my 2nd E3D hot-end in the mail and am excited to print with two materials now. =]

I'm sure you've been asked a ton of times already, but do you have any rough estimates on when the new 1.5+ 3D files will be available? And/Or the new bed plate kits?

Thanks!

Caleb