E3D Cyclops/Chimera

I recently placed an order for the new E3D Chimera/Cyclops dual extruder. I haven't received it yet but I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about how to mount it to the Gmax. It seems like a hybrid one-bowden one-direct system would be the best so you'd still be able to print with flexibles with one side. I think it'd be a tight squeeze to do a dual direct drive setup because of the narrow spacing between the two nozzles.

LMK your thoughts

Thanks!

- Jack

I'm doing a dual-chimera (4 nozzles) 2'x4' Cohesion Printer for a client. It'll need to be as close to direct drive as possible because I don't like Bowden. More difficult to control the extrusion that way, plus, as you pointed out, makes rubber impossible to deal wtih.

Just waiting for my order of E3Dv6's to arrive and then will place the order for the Chimeras.

I think it'd be a tight squeeze to do a dual direct drive setup because of the narrow spacing between the two nozzles.
Just put the steppers facing each other instead of side-by-side. E3d are pretty good about putting up tech drawings so get out your crayons and start designing!

Way ahead of you.

And yes, that's the plan. 2 motors one in front of the other for one chimera, and then a mirror of that for the other chimera. Thus, 4 nozzles. If that proves troublesome then I'm just relocating some of the motors over the beam.

Did you guys get these working? I've been thinking about a cyclops for my gMax 1.5 XT, but I don't think I'd have the skills to make the carrier mods that it would require.