E3D Volcano

Any experimental tests or upgrades for the gMax printer will reside here. Check back for new ideas and to follow the progress.

Re: E3D Volcano

Postby 3dtech » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:48 am

Though, I have adjusted the fan shroud, and even printed out a modified fan bracket, so as to move the fan further away from the heat block, and I'm still having the same problem. When the fan kicks in at layer 3, the extruder temp plummets, until it stops extruding. The only way to complete a calibration print, is to turn the fan completely off. I even adjusted my fan speed down to 45% in Simplify, and it's doing no good. This has got me stumped. Any ideas how I can adjust the cooling, so it doesn't interfere with the extruder temps? Thanks again for the help.
3d printing - fdm technology
These users thanked the author 3dtech for the post (total 0):
3dtech

Location: MONA TILES COMPOUND, NR. CHHANI CIRCLE, CHHANI ROAD, VADODARA - 390002. GUJARAT, INDIA.

Re: E3D Volcano

Postby oneaday » Tue May 09, 2017 12:54 am

Hi!

Ive just installed my e3D vulcano since I had issues with skipping at higher speeds/larger nozzles, thought the vulcano would help but then I found this thread.

Starting with 0.8mm nozzle though...

my maximum speed seems to be 40mm/s, PLA at 225 degrees, 0.8mm nozzle and 0.6mm layerheight.
I guess thats ok..

looks like it holds the temperature at full fan as well

Best Regards Patrik
These users thanked the author oneaday for the post (total 0):
oneaday

Previous

Return to gMax Experimental Tests