Clay Extruder attachment

Any experimental tests or upgrades for the gMax printer will reside here. Check back for new ideas and to follow the progress.

Clay Extruder attachment

Postby Claystruder » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Here is an attachment I have made to print clay. I am a ceramic designer so this will allow me to stream line some ideas!!
These users thanked the author Claystruder for the post (total 0):
Attachments
marven low res.jpg
marven from 3d hubs
extruder low res.jpg
extruder set up
Claystruder

Re: Clay Extruder attachment

Postby akwright » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:56 pm

I love this. After are you going to fire it in a kiln, or can you do it in the home oven ?
I was curious, is the air pressure controlled thru the arduino or ? how are you controlling the flow ?
Also, is there a kit offered somewhere ? Or do you have a link to a DIY ?
Thank You, this is a great idea!
These users thanked the author akwright for the post (total 0):
akwright

Postby Claystruder » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:47 pm

I have yet to fire the things I have printed but I will soon. And the air pressure is all controlled via an air compressor that is set to a consistent pressure. I sort of made it myself but all you need is (http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Cartridge- ... er+syringe) and an air hose attachment. its pretty simple.
These users thanked the author Claystruder for the post (total 0):
Claystruder

Postby Spudwheelie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 pm

This solenoid valve should work with the ramps board in place of a heater cartridge. Its either on or off. So you would have to modify Marlin to get it to work correctly. It operates at 12V DC 1.5 AMps. You could get 2. Once connected to the inlet of your compressor the other to the outlet. switch them on/off together to do retractions.

Not to make it sound easy. It would take an extensive amount of trial and error.

http://www.electricsolenoidvalves.com/3-8-12v-dc-electric-brass-solenoid-valve/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsNyxBRDBuKrMhsbt3vwBEiQAdRgPsjmFNCgz-xlNNRmtzUEYJheTSjhJWiG-DprsgOfzAFEaAhk28P8HAQ
These users thanked the author Spudwheelie for the post (total 0):
Spudwheelie

Return to gMax Experimental Tests