BOM for the printer

Does anybody have a BOM created for this printer my son and I want to build one. I have worked out a BOM in Excel and from each step from the instruction manual. But wanted recommendations for the extruder and other parts not listed in the manual.

Thanks,
Jeff

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
kesjeff said:
Does anybody have a BOM created for this printer my son and I want to build one. I have worked out a BOM in Excel and from each step from the instruction manual. But wanted recommendations for the extruder and other parts not listed in the manual.

Thanks,
Jeff

Feel free to contact us as well since we know whats in the extruder :)

We are very busy but we also want to work with the members as much as possible. Where are you stuck?

I too would like to get the BOM for my son and I to build one of these. Also will the STL files be posted for the newer design with the dual print heads that match the June 14th assembly manual?

Thanks

Joe

mwu

I am also working on a BOM. I have most of it figured out, but here are my questions:

• * Does the gMax use the Mega 2560 Arduino board?
    * What stepper motors does the gMax use?
    * Are the geared pulleys the same those as used on the MendelMax?
    * What offsets are the 4 holes on the aluminum angle brackets?
    * Are the top aluminum angle brackets the same as the bottom ones?
    * V-slot wheel kit -- what sizes are the hardware in it?
    * What are the specs of the spring for the x axis carriage bracket used in step 8 from the build instructions?
    * What goes into the extruder assembly (aside from the printed parts)?
    * The smooth rods used are not listed in the instructions. It looks like they are added in step 9. What are their dimensions?
    * What are the specs of the springs used in step 12 from the bed hardware bag?

Thanks,
Marcus

mwu said:
I am also working on a BOM. I have most of it figured out, but here are my questions:

• 1 Does the gMax use the Mega 2560 Arduino board?
    2 What stepper motors does the gMax use?
    3 Are the geared pulleys the same those as used on the MendelMax?
    4 What offsets are the 4 holes on the aluminum angle brackets?
    5 Are the top aluminum angle brackets the same as the bottom ones?
    6 V-slot wheel kit -- what sizes are the hardware in it?
    7 What are the specs of the spring for the x axis carriage bracket used in step 8 from the build instructions?
    8 What goes into the extruder assembly (aside from the printed parts)?
    9 The smooth rods used are not listed in the instructions. It looks like they are added in step 9. What are their dimensions?
    10 What are the specs of the springs used in step 12 from the bed hardware bag?

Thanks,
Marcus
1. Yes
2. Nema 17
3. GT2 pulleys, 20 teeth, 5mm bore. Pretty standard.
4. The Y-Plate DXF is in the download site under the vector section. Base it on that and wing the rest.
5. Everything can be cut from a single 8ft length from home depot.
6. M5 Hardware
7. All the springs are McMaster Carr Part # 9657K291
8. I speak about the details of the new extruder assembly in depth in a different thread. http://gcreate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=299&sid=55a5a6dce8220c93920672b8cb3f78b1
9. 8mm chromed/ smooth rod.
10 See 7

AlexD

I have a BOM and have designed parts for a remixed 1.5 if interested. I'm still looking for guinea pigs other than me to build it and give feedback. Message me if interested.

Thanks

Alex

Hi, I am new to the forum but am looking to build a gMax 1.5+ since I cannot afford a $3000 printer. Is it possible to build this printer for under $500? If so I would love it if someone could help me with a BOM so I know where to start. I have experience programming 3D printers before so I am not worried about that. More just getting all the materials together that I need and the right ones.

AlexD

Not for less than 500 i doubt. Unless you skimped out and bought cheap cheap parts, non genuinw v wheels etc, hotend clone etc.

I have a bom but its not for the 1.5+, the custom bed and Z brackets will expend your budget nearly alone.

Thanks

Alex

i just made a post looking for the BOM for the xt 1.5+ the big boy.
my printer arrives tomorrow, but i dont really wanna tear it down to figure out whats all in there :) haha