1.5 and 1.5+ Difference

So I'm looking at getting a new printer and I was wondering what was the difference(s) between the 1.5 and the + models?
I know the + has no printed parts, or few if any, but is that the only difference?
Thanks.

There are a number differences that made a big improvement.

The Z axis linear rail was replaced with V-slot wheels that ride on the 80/20 frame. This is a more rigid linear guide than the linear rail used on the gMax 1.5. This eliminated Z-wobble.

The Z-axis lead screws used on the 1.5 had a slow pitch. The new lead screws are an 8mm pitch which moves the Z-axis much faster but enough resolution to print down to 80 microns.

The bed was redesigned to an aluminum frame with 6 wheels instead of an acrylic frame with 4 wheels.

The X-axis was redesigned to allow for interchangeable toolheads/extruders.

The extruder was redesigned.

Its a completely different printer but uses the same frame and electronics.

gCreate_Kyle said:
There are a number differences that made a big improvement.

The Z axis linear rail was replaced with V-slot wheels that ride on the 80/20 frame. This is a more rigid linear guide than the linear rail used on the gMax 1.5. This eliminated Z-wobble.
V slot wheels?? You mean bearings? What are they riding on? If you aren't using the v slot on a channel, what's the point?

The Z-axis lead screws used on the 1.5 had a slow pitch. The new lead screws are an 8mm pitch which moves the Z-axis much faster but enough resolution to print down to 80 microns.
1 Start, 2 start? If you want faser movements, the 2 start would be the way to go. What's the actual lead screw you used?

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
As Kyle mentioned, the 1.5+ has significant changes from the 1.5 regular. It's more of a 2.0 in hindsight. As for the lead screws they are Tr8*8-2p (4 starts) from openbuilds.