Heated bed installation guide missing

The link on the gCreate site for the heated bed installation manual returns a 404 error. Does anybody have a copy they can post here? The main questions I have relate to wire management.

Thanks,

- Bob

gCreate

Administrator
Staff member
We are unsure why it returned a 404 for you. The link works fine for us. It's possible the server was having a slight problem.

You can download all of the installation manuals from the forum here:
downloads.php?cat=7

If you want the heated bed installation it would be under the Part Installation Manual section.

After an email back and forth it appears that either it recited the correct voodoo or the link got fixed. But now that I have the manual downloaded, I see that it doesn't say anything about wire management. It seems to me that the wires for the bed will almost certainly get stressed by the movement of the bed. It can also easily get caught between the rails and the rollers.

Kyle, please post pictures of how the wires are to be arranged, or update the manual to address the issue.

Thanks,

- Bob

I'm still unable to use the heated bed because of this issue of wire management. I spent an hour or so this morning with the bed installed, but the action of the bed moving back and forth by hand caused the wire to bend and pull at the place where the wires meet the heating pad. The wires were also bunching up around the printer frame when the bed was fully extended in the direction opposite of the Y origin.

Would anybody with this heated bed installed care to post photos, or ideally a video, of how they placed the wires. It looks to me like the wire harness is going to get destroyed in short order if I were to actual print jobs with the arrangements I've tried so far.

Thanks,

- Bob