Removable Glass Plates?

DAB77

Anyone use glass plates as a bed surface (either taped or clipped into place) that can be easily removed when the print is done so you can remove prints from the surface away from the printer (to minimize damage) as well as queue up another print immediately? Just looking to see if this can be done with the Gmax printers as this is how I have been doing it with my FlashForge Creator Pro and it makes for quick and easy manufacturing of parts.

Yes... I do this and there are no issues.

I use the heated build plate which has thick glass. On top of that i have another sheet of glass to which I have PEI adhered to that glass plate. No issues at all.

I also print on glass, and swear by it. The gMax has a build plate just a pinch smaller than an aircraft carrier. So creating a flat surface is more challenging. So I print on double strength glass panes (3mm) cut to size down at my local hardware store. I prep multiple sheets on both sides -- tape for PLA and TPU, hairspray for ABS. I've printed Ninjaflex clips that attach to the metal bed frame and hold the glass in place. When the tape or hairspray wears out I just flip it over or replace with another pane kept in reserve. I'm kind of new to the gMax. But I checked how flat the panes were about a month or so ago and found them to be +/- 0.20mm. This allows me to keep the first layer thickness down to 150%.

- Bob