quality issue

So I just received the gmax 1.5 dual I have not updated or modified the printer in any way. I use simplified3d as my slicer I will post screenshots of my settings below. Filament used is Hatchbox PLA

I also have a makergear m2 which I have been using for well over a year with no issues on quality or getting the details I would like to see.

I ran the same print file on each machine with very different results. The gmax was set with its default settings on ultra fine while the maker gear was on medium.

See Picture below. The left clean print is the makergear... the right messy one is the gmax. There seamed to also be a lot of oozing with both tool heads which is causing a lot of extra strings on the edges. and unnecessary clean up. even when the machine is idle the filament is pushing melting out of the tool head...is that normal my maker gear does not do this.

The quality of the gmax is not very good as it is right now and I am not sure why after see some of the other post and the details they are getting. Please help I have reprinted few more times and the quality level is sub par at best.

I even have tried the test prints that were sent with the machine and they look incredibly different then what was sent vs what is printing.

Please help!

What do you mean by reaction distance and do I do that on the machine or in simplify3d. Also the current temp I am using is 190 which is the lowest recommended temp.

What size nozzle are you printing with on your M2? I suspect it is a .4mm nozzle which would give a much finer resolution than the .5mm gCreate printer. I had this same issue when I started printing. I don't think its anything you are doing wrong except maybe the retract distance as Kyle pointed out. In regards to quality, I really had to change my thinking in regards to how I think about surface quality as this printer is really designed for larger prints. Not to say you can dial it in but its more difficult than say a smaller printer. I personally have 2 other smaller printers along with a XT1.5+ that I use at work and unfortunately the gCreate can't even come close the quality of the smaller printers but than again they can't print as large either.

I am curious on how the "test" print (spiral G) was done because the detail is the quality I am looking for. The results I'm getting are much different from the print quality I receive from the sample in the box. Unless the print was not done with my machine. If it was how ever I don't understand why out of the box this printer is not printing the same. The customer support is very hard to communicate with and they're answers are very vague to not helpful at all. I just want to get this resolved/

Here is a new print after adjusting the retraction. the stringiness is gone but now I have another issue od ridges and lines across the smooth arears of the print. See Picture

cs1928 said:
I am curious on how the "test" print (spiral G) was done because the detail is the quality I am looking for. The results I'm getting are much different from the print quality I receive from the sample in the box. Unless the print was not done with my machine. If it was how ever I don't understand why out of the box this printer is not printing the same. The customer support is very hard to communicate with and they're answers are very vague to not helpful at all. I just want to get this resolved/

Here is a new print after adjusting the retraction. the stringiness is gone but now I have another issue od ridges and lines across the smooth arears of the print. See Picture
I haven't received my gMax yet, will get it tomorrow so I'm talking from my general experience here.
Your first print of the Transformers Head shows:

1. A bad first layer, you should use the Babystep Z (I think its the correct name), to adjust the first layer when it starts printing, if you dont want to fine tune on the print itself, I always print a skirt/brim with 1 outline and 10-20mm offset from the print.. that will give you some extra time to fine tune the Z height of the nozzle. Also make sure that your first layer speed is lower, 30-50% of your default printing speed is pretty ok.

2. I think your right print there looks over extruded...

To help further what layer height are you printing at?
Are you using the FFF supplied by gCreate?
What extrusion multiplier are you using?
Have you calibrated your extruder?

3. Your yellow print looks very coarse yes, what layer height is that printed at?

I've looked through the FFF file for S3D and I must say that I'm pretty surprised by some of the settings, although I wont come with any conclusions until I've tested the printer for some time myself.