Cable Management

For those with Heat Beds this is a known issue. Why gCreate did not address this during their design phase is beyond me. This has been a thorn in my side since I have been using my XT1.5+ and finally addressed it today.

Hoping these pics help someone as this is working great for us.

Dennis

nopick said:
So, without something to hold it up, is the wire harness supposed to just rake over the rear frame area during a print?
Yeah exactly, I guess that is the reason for the cable wrap. The worse part is eventually the back end of the cable gets twisted and gets caught underneath between the Y axis belt and bed.

To be fair to gCreate, I am sure they meant for the cable bundle to be tie wrapped so the cable bundle should stick straight out the back but this simply does not work for the long term. I actually think the heat bed was an after thought as most of the machines I see do not have a heat bed. We purchased a heat bed as we would like to sometimes print ABS but all we have done lately is PLA which really doesn't need it. IMHO I think the layering looks better and you get better adhesion when applying heat.

Dennis

I dont understand the issue here? My cables just runs underneath the frame. Why do you route them like that? Looks like your bed cant move all the way back here... I've printed every day for many months now without a single issue. My cable stock is first routed towards the center of the buildplate and then down and out back under the frame. I dont even use a cable wrap but it doesn't get close to the Y belt or anything else it could interfere with.

This is why I will not run the wire under the frame. The wires are sharply bent when the bed is at the back of the machine. That is certain death for the wires.

nopick said:
This is why I will not run the wire under the frame. The wires are sharply bent when the bed is at the back of the machine. That is certain death for the wires.
Exactly, bending wires except for high flex cables are a bad idea. I guess this is getting some attention as gCreate forwarded a bulletin to users to change the cable routing with an attached stl to clamp the wires down.

Dennis

I guess you all got the instructions for cable management from gCreate which will solve this issue?
I rerouted the cables like this yesterday and it works really well. Had to cut one of the zippers holding together the cables, to place them next to each other and to be low enough to escape between the bed frame and glass bed.