Extra Parts to keep handy

Check here for instructions and tips on how to operate your printer.

Extra Parts to keep handy

Postby Spudwheelie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm

I just got my Gmax 1.5. Assembly went very well. And it looks awesome with black and red. Only problem is I have a MINTEMP error. When I checked for continuity across the thermistor on the terminals in the back of the extruder. My multi-meter said that the thermistor was not making a circuit. So its broken. Gordan is sending me a new thermistor to replace the broken one. So I thought I would just buy a box of these incase it happens again. Which got me wandering is there anything else I should keep extras of? This thing needs to be going 24/7. I got a lot of Christmas presents to make. Any ideas?

I have not bought a box of thermistors or tape yet... Anyone know what kind to get and who has them for cheap.
These users thanked the author Spudwheelie for the post (total 0):
Last edited by Spudwheelie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spudwheelie

Re: Extra Parts to keep handy

Postby GORDON.LAPLANTE » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Shoot us an email for the best response. MINTEMP errors are rare but they do happen (as you witnessed) but you shouldn't need a bunch of extra thermistors. We've actually been using some of our same thermistor/j-head combinations from the early days of gMax with no problems. This is even after switching them to new extruders 2-3 times.
These users thanked the author GORDON.LAPLANTE for the post (total 0):
GORDON.LAPLANTE
Site Admin

Postby Spudwheelie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am

I just like having extra parts. For example. I am using a thermistor on my fish tank but it is not the same as the one on the extruder and its waterproofed. I like having them for other projects and as replacement parts. I also have an extra arduino mega and over 100 atmega 328p chips (Overkill...) I sell the occasional custom project. And I will be getting an extra stepper or two for replacement and experimenting with stuff. I like to have parts that are compatible across all my projects. If anyone has any recommendations for good gmax parts.
Spudwheelie

Postby Spudwheelie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:50 pm

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/B57540G0104F000/495-2125-ND/739871

I think this thermistor will work with Gmax but I am not sure.
Spudwheelie

Return to gMax Operation Instructions