Gmax resolution

Hi all,

The lowest resolution is 0.08mm. The recommended step is 0.04mm, therefore, it is 0.08mm, 0.12mm, 0.16mm, etc.

What's the lowest resolution? Assuming my nozzle is 0.5mm, then 0.48mm is the lowest resolution?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Hadi

gCreate

Administrator
Staff member
hadisumoro said:
Hi all,

The lowest resolution is 0.08mm. The recommended step is 0.04mm, therefore, it is 0.08mm, 0.12mm, 0.16mm, etc.

What's the lowest resolution? Assuming my nozzle is 0.5mm, then 0.48mm is the lowest resolution?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Hadi
The lowest z resolution is not dependent on the nozzle size. Our lowest recommended resolution is 0.08mm but in reality anything below 160 microns on the gMax is not that noticeable. We provide a large format 3d printer so typically you would want much higher layer heights to save time. If you print a large model with 0.48mm layer heights on the gMax, it could take 7x as long to reduce the layer height down to 0.08mm. This means, hypothetically a 20 hour print could take 200+ hours to complete. Keep this in mind.

The highest layer height you can set (while still maintaining good layer adhesion) is 0.4mm. A rule of thumb is 80% of the nozzle diameter.

Thanks.

Highest res is 0.08mm and lowest is 0.4mm. Noted.

I am fully aware of the printing time, however the engineering needs dictate what is required to do. It looks like a bigger model can accept 0.16mm-0.24mm, so it does help with the printing time. Thanks for the reminder.

Hadi

Take it from a gmax user, the resolution at .2mm is better than most printers at .1mm. The quality is a LOT better than any other rep rap printer ive used. the Only one that rivals its quality is the flashforge creator pro, other than that this is the best of the 9 ive owned.
if you need .1mm or so, you will be in good hands here.