Everything seems to be seated correctly, and all the endstops operate. If I jog the bed into the y endstop, the switch works, the light comes on and the bed stops.
I've tried home y in pronterface and simplify, and sending the gcode command manually. For some reason the board isn't receiving it, isn't understanding it, or can't execute it. Since all the jog controls work, I don't think it's not receiving it, and since it does execute home all on x and z, it doesn't seem likely that it can't execute it, although I guess that's possible. But it seems more likely that it's not understanding it, i.e. the firmware isn't quite right.
Hence my search for the firmware for the 1.0 software circa September 2014. Cuz that worked. This model is from the first kickstarter, kit form, that I assembled, that worked. It got a little banged up being transported around, but I've repaired the structural stuff, just a few cracked plastic parts, and even beefed it up with some metal brackets. Everything seems to be correct, although I haven't got as far as testing the extruder/hot end yet.
Really hoping this is a software or firmware issue. If it's not, that only leaves something wrong with the board itself as far as I can think.
If anybody out there is operating a relatively stock gMax 1.0 and can send me or post their arduino sketch, that would be fantastic.
- These users thanked the author KSL for the post (total 0):