1.5 XT and Simplify3D problems

I've had my 1.5 XT for just under a week now. I do like the printer, and I've had a bit of growing pains with it. I *think* I have everything taken care of with regard to bed leveling and print speed and all that.

My current list of questions has to do with Simplify3D. Help?

I use Simplify3D with my Flashforge Creator Pro 3D printer, and it works amazingly well. Sadly, I cannot say the same for all aspects of the software when using with my 1.5 XT.

- It doesn't wait for the printer to get to temperature before starting the print. On the "Temperature" tab, it doesn't matter if "Wait for temperature controller to stabilize before beginning build" is checked or not, it just doesn't wait.

- The cooling fan NEVER comes on unless I manually turn it on using the printer LCD screen. On the "Cooling" tab I have fan set for layer 2, 100 percent. No fan. Ever.

Can anyone help me with these two issues?

I figured out the root of the problem. Simplify3D isn't using the right gcode.

I compared the gcode from Cura to the gcode from Simplify3D, and found the Simplify3D isn't using the right commands. Dang it.

joeltelling said:
I figured out the root of the problem. Simplify3D isn't using the right gcode.

I compared the gcode from Cura to the gcode from Simplify3D, and found the Simplify3D isn't using the right commands. Dang it.
The issue you are having is due to the two printers running two different flavors of firmware. Your Flashforge Creator Pro is running Sailfish firmware and the gMax runs Marlin firmware.

To switch the firmware profile that Simplify3D will generate gCode for, click on the Tools option in the menu bar and then select Firmware Configuration.

From there select:

Reprap (Marlin/Repetier/Sprinter) to print on the gMax printer
or
Makerbot/Sailfish firmware to print on the Flashforge

See the attached screenshot for reference.

This does NOT modify the firmware on the printer it tells Simplify3D what flavor of firmware to generate the gCode for.

Simply switch between the two firmware profiles when generating the gCode and you should be fine.
Good luck,

Larry

I too had the same problems as joeltelling, and while I have not tested out Shaq's fix, I assume that will work. Thank you for sharing as this was driving me nuts!