Recent content by Garrettmarvel

1. G

help needed on bad print - how do i fix?

tried to print the parts using the 3Dhubs printer files and 45min in i see this: guys - i need help, STAT. i'm ready to give up on my gmax...
  2. G

hi gordon - email re-sent w/more info since last weekend. please confirm receipt either here on the forum or by email that you received everything. thanks! garrett
  3. G

yeah, solidworks exports it in MM while i design it in INCH. will that improve anything if i export the STL in same dimensions? also, i'm printing another small part right now, and i noticed the gmax screen all jacked up? (see attached photo) i'm surprised there isn't software out there that...
  4. G

hi kyle - i'm designing in solidworks in inches, then exporting to STL which i think the default is mm. your part looks better than mine, but the channels look wavy on the spikes side. the feature/part you boolean subtracted is functionally needed. not sure how i can orient to get that back...
  5. G

reprinted my "spike" part with standard config high resolution settings. here are the photos... the internal details are surprisingly non-existent, the outer edges underneath and on the end are very poor, and the spikes on top have no point, just ball ends. i've included screengrabs of the...
  6. G

Hi Gordon - I emailed over the files Sunday to info@gcreate and resent this morning and got a bounce notification. Can you confirm you received the files? Thx Garrett
  7. G

hi gordon - i did try the slic3r default settings after the first 2 print attempts, but i easily could have goofed something up. i'll email you the files and some other photos. i did have the y-axis pinion gear came loose so i had to figure how that was assembled to tighten it up, so i fixed...
  8. G

I did try the slic3r config files on another part that didn't turn out great. I'll try again, but I'm frustrated trying to print parts four times over 5 days changing settings and orientations. Could the material be part of the issue? There are so many settings it's hard to know what to do next...
  9. G

gMax 1.5 extruder blockage or correct part?

i got it to work. had to creatively cut the filament end and twirl it to pass the white tube edge, then the extruder when heated the motor worked. i read that was a safety precaution, so finally printing!
  10. G

gMax 1.5 extruder blockage or correct part?

yeah, i kinda figured that out, and cut my filament to a tip, but the extruder motor seems misaligned with the axis of the guide hole above that black extruder part w/the white tube, so i can't get it to feed in... plus now the extruder motor doesn't work?