Recent content by masto

1. M

First (non-demo) print put a hole in the bed

Thank you! That would also explain why this isn't more widely known. It was just a coincidence that I left the SD card after doing my initial setup and trying my first print with Cura. Long-term, that card slot is going to be empty and have tape over it, so it's unlikely I would have seen this...
  2. M

Head Will Not Move After Level Bed & Crashes If Auto Homed

Re: Head Will Not Move After Level Bed & Crashes If Auto Hom My guess was right. I apologize for posting in three different threads, but I'll put the answer here because it's the oldest and longest. I copied the file that crashed the head onto an SD card and printed from there, and it worked...
  3. M

Head Will Not Move After Level Bed & Crashes If Auto Homed

Re: Head Will Not Move After Level Bed & Crashes If Auto Hom Wow, this has been going on since August??? I just got a brand new machine and had this happen, I posted about it in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=870 because I didn't find this in a search before. Same exact symptoms with the garbled display...
  4. M

Z Axis slams into bed after Marlin 1.1.1 issues

Did you ever figure this out? It sounds like the problem I had in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=870 My machine is new and came with 1.1.1, so I have no prior experience to compare it to.
  5. M

I have a theory. I sent the G-code one line at a time, and this is where it rammed into the bed: G1 Z25.0 F9000 ;raise nozzle 25mm Before doing this, I noticed that right after the probe sequence completes, the display is reading nonsense for the Z value: Also, an M114 at that point...
  6. M

I've gone through this thing line by line and the behavior makes no sense. For some reason I'm able to print the demo file "gMax First Print_170911.gcode" on the SD card, but if I send the same G-code commands one at a time over the USB port, it crashes into the bed on one of the first moves...
  7. M

Cura: And my poor print surface:
  8. M

Here's how it starts, anyway: ;FLAVOR:RepRap ;TIME:241 ;Filament used: 0.147501m ;Layer height: 0.2 ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 2.5.0 M104 S200 M109 S200 G21 ;metric values G90 ;absolute positioning M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode M107 ;start with the fan off G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min...