Recent content by rosso

1. rosso

Prototype headlight

That's awesome to see you guys on here and using a gMax. Loooooooove the 818! I'm a Subaru guy myself (2012 wrx) so I'm kinda biased hahaha.
  2. rosso

The Element

Well......sad to say that it didn't reach its funding goals. However, they are still going to make it and sell it directly on their website. They're taking pre-orders starting Monday, and should deliver sometime during Summer. Looks like if you had originally backed the project, they are...
  3. rosso

The Element

No problemo! And I saw in the comments if it doesn't reach the goal, they're still going to be selling it. It will just take longer.....and might cost a little more if they can't get the required initial volume for their suppliers.
  4. rosso

The Element

5. rosso

Anybody want to print something?

I completely agree with you.....It's a huge benefit to be able to make custom parts at home that can provide a solution to a problem. I didn't want to go with the factory kayak rack since it couldn't fold in half when not in use. So the best solution was to make some adapters. And like you...
  6. rosso

Last one is of the car with the kayak mounted (without the adapters) on the day I got the kayak. Nerve-wracking ride home.....but made it OK. Since I filled the adapters with fiberglass resin, these things are as solid as a brick! They could easily handle a substantial amount of weight and...
  7. rosso

The next couple pictures show them finished with black paint. I wrapped my crossbars with black vinyl to get rid of the silver look and blend in with the car. I also wrapped the adapters in black vinyl, but didn't take any pictures of them wrapped.
  8. rosso

The next couple pictures show them after they were covered with Bondo, filled with fiberglass resin, and sanded/smoothed the Bondo.
  9. rosso

Well......it's been quite a while since I've had the parts printed so I figured I would share the final results and my experience. First off, big thanks to Ray for printing these off for me! They came out better than I expected, and he got them turned around nice and quick for me...
  10. rosso

11. rosso

Ok i would make an order .....

You have to place a pre-order through their website. Their lead time is probably 4-6 weeks or more before it will ship.