Search results

1. C

gMax 1.0 custom mod to 1.5/XL (am I crazy?)

@mluschek Thanks! I'm not totally sure the modifications I did to mine will work quite the same for the 1.5XT+ as the 1.0, but overall you have the right idea about the frame, belt, and rods, as well as a bigger bed. You can pick up the 15-series T-Slot extruded aluminum framing several places...
  2. C

Gmax 1.0 16x16x9 Printer help

Silly me didn't look at your photo to see the dual print heads. =] I've attached a zip with the latest firmware I used.
  3. C

Gmax 1.0 16x16x9 Printer help

Hi boz, If the support team hasn't gotten back to you already I've attached the old gMax 1.0 build manual. I have a pretty heavily modified 1.0 myself and still go back to reference the parts and manual sometimes. To answer your other questions: 2. When i do the home check it completes the...
  4. C

Hi Mike, Apologies for my super-delayed reply, I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. I'd be happy to share my Sketchup and STL files for the mod I did, and I sent you a forum message with my email address that you can reach me at to send you the files. Also to lorenb-id, a quick...
  5. C

Anyone have luck with ninjaflex?

I would recommend getting more PTFE tubing before cutting your existing one shorter. My concern is that if you cut yours shorter that it might create a space within the feed path where the the NinjaFlex could bunch up. Here's a good older post about someone getting NinjaFlex working with the...
  6. C

Anyone have luck with ninjaflex?

Yeah you nailed it with the PTFE tubing and shaping it just right underneath the bearing and the drive gear. I had to use an exacto knife to shave down the tubing so it fit just perfectly to not allow barely any gap at all. I also ended up needing to buy an E3D hotend to get consistently good...
  7. C

Printing Nylon

Kyle is right about the temp sensor you'll need to use to print with PEEK and PC (PolyCarbonate) as they get above 300C and at that point you would need to use a thermocouple as your temp sensor. My first upgrade to my gMax 1.0 was to get dual E3D hot-ends for materials like Nylon and TPU (i.e...
  8. C

Dual Gmax 1.5+ BLTouch Guide?

Hey Kyle, Do you happen you know if, when installing the black & white cable for the BLtouch into the RAMPS, are you supposed to just unplug the Z-Axis end-stop cable that's there? I've checked and re-checked the cabling, and it shows that the 2 wire BLtouch cable going right where the Z-Axis...
  9. C

Upgrading gMax 1.5 XT

Hi Doug, I have a gMax 1.0 that I converted to "sortof" a 1.5XT and am working towards bed leveling also with the BLtouch sensor. I have the sensor but realized the only firmware available that uses it is for a different style LCD, and has different dimensions than my modified 1.0. I think I'm...
  10. C

Printer not printing at set temperature in Simplify3D

I would second Kyle's suggestion of turning down the fan speed in your Simplify3D FFF profile. I was running into the same issue with ALL kind of frustrations until I read about the problem in another thread here and tried it. I've had to set my fan speed all the way down to like 2 - 5 out of...
  11. C

BTW I didn't clarify that this mod uses the 17" and 8" pieces of 1.5" aluminum rail from the gMax 1.0 and butts them end-to-end with supports to make two 25" lengths of aluminum for height. So far it seems plenty rigid and stable. If anyone is interested in the parts I printed or bought to...
  12. C

Finally after lots planning and a couple blocks of time, I have a success mod of my gMax 1.0 to well... sort of a gMax 1.5XL. The pictures below will give you an idea of how it turned out, although I'm not quite done tweaking. I still have my own print bed upgrade I made that needs to be added...
  13. C

1.5" x 1.5" Aluminum Extrusion End Caps for your gMax

Thanks for sharing these! I'm going to print some out this weekend. :)
  14. C

gMax 1.0 Upgrades to Better Prints

Oh wow I had no idea they expanded the store with all the accessories and parts! Bummer the beds are all sold out, that would have been nice to know about when they first started selling. Oh well... apparently that's what I get for not being on Facebook. Those parts look great! The tweaks and...
  15. C

gMax 1.0 Upgrades to Better Prints

These are some great improvements! Thanks for posting them up along with the pictures. I'm curious though, how to did get the new aluminum bed for your gMax 1.0? I was under the impression Gordon isn't selling them separately. Caleb
  16. C

What's the right STL file size?

For the STL's that are really small, you'll want to scale them up 2540%; because there are 25.4 mm in 1 inch. I've scaled parts up by that amount and they printed out at the right size.
  17. C

Gmax 1.0 Config files

I have the most recent Slic3r configs for the gMax 1.0 uploaded/attached to this reply. I tried adding the Marlin firmware I have but the forum only allows uploads of up to 1MB. If you want to message me your email address I could send it to you that way since it's only like 2.8MB. Caleb
  18. C

Gmax 1.5+ files

Thanks for getting the new files up! I've started using some of the parts to change the upgrade for my gMax 1.0. I don't see anything for the Z-Axis Wheel mount plates though, are those some kind of standard plate that can be purchased, or did you have them custom made for the gMax + printers...
  19. C

Gmax 1.0 Bearing Style filament holders

I've uploaded a zip file with both sides of the gMax 1.0 spool holder, as .stl files. =] Let me know if they don't extract or open properly.
  20. C

I need to disable mintemp

I have a "quick and dirty" solution that may work for you. When I swapped out my primary hot-end for an E3D I had a similar issue because I didn't want the 2nd non-E3D hot-end to heat up with the primary, but if I unplugged it would get the min-temp error. So I just removed the 2nd hot-end...