Search results

1. Kristinaya

Layers shifting with me too - please help

Bump... GOOOOOOOOOORDON, are you there? I REALLY think there's a slicing problem at hand with the software. Since my last post, I've attempted to print a few different things, and they all have shifted layers here and there. I'm going to download a file off Thingiverse and see how it prints.
  2. Kristinaya

Broke all the potentiometers due to layer shifting

Poor Konton posted this thread on Friday, and today it's four days later and he still hasn't gotten a reply? I wish I could help you, Konton...
  3. Kristinaya

OK, I printed the half sphere again, and sure enough, the layer shift happened at exactly the same height as the previous print. This leads me to believe that the problem does not lie in the tightness of the belt; but rather, in the slicing. Can someone please download and print the new...
  4. Kristinaya

Yes, I remember you mentioning that earlier. It's not really that tight, but when you're a girl, it's a lot harder to make things tight than when you have the strength of a guy. I'll tighten it as much as I can. However, I printed another file after the half sphere. It was a little statue of a...
  5. Kristinaya

Thank you, Ray I followed the instructions and I proceeded to print the half-sphere shape again. Everything seemed to be going really well until I got to almost the end of the print. The top few layers shifted toward the front of the machine (toward me), on the Y axis. What do I do now?
  6. Kristinaya

Gordon, you wrote, "Download the latest config files from the download site." Well, I see three config files. How do I know which one is the latest? Once I know which one to download, I'll be able to fiollow your other instructions very easily. Thank you!
  7. Kristinaya

Thanks to both of you! I downloaded the cube file that matt_hova provided, and I started printing. Well, at that point, my printer literally started falling apart. The screws that hold the bed onto the rolly wheel thing popped out and fell on the table. I had to reattach them. I got everything...
  8. Kristinaya

PLA not sticking

Thank you
  9. Kristinaya

PLA not sticking

10. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

So after that first print created even more damage to the bed, I raised the level of the hot end. Now my ABS won't stick to the bed at all. I even tried hairspray, as is suggested on some other site, and still, there's no adhesion. I really don't think that I raised the hot end too much, so I'm...
  11. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

OK, I figured it out on my own... The printer is in the midst of printing right now. It just got started. But I feel like it actually melted into the bed with its first few passes. I guess I won't know for sure until I scrape the print off. Seriously, though, is there anyone in the Los...
  12. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

Well seriously, shouldn't that info have been included with the instructions?? I'm waiting for an answer, because until I get the information, I can't move forward. Gordon?
  13. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

Someone please answer my last question?
  14. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

OK, I did all of that. But I still don't know what commands to run from the LCD screen in order to tell the printer to print the .gcode file that's on the SD card. Can someone please give me instructions? Thanks!
  15. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

No. I haven't had anything go successfully thus far. OK, thank you. I'll try that.
  16. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

I think I'm going to shoot myself in the head... I went to the hardware store and bought these things called "crutch tips." I put one on each corner of the printer, and they successfully raised the printer high enough so that the rods are no longer boring holes into my table. It *seems* that...
  17. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

OK, so here's the photo of my entire printer:
  18. Kristinaya

HELP!!!!

Thank you all for your replies. Levitate - I did adjust the foot pads to their maximum height. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I've resolved to just go out today and buy some 2 x 4s to raise the printer, so I think that issue is resolved in a digfferent way. Here is the picture of the rod...