Search results

1. E

Tips For A New User

Well somehow and for reasons unknown it all started working properly today, pre-heating and with a working fan. Absolutely no idea what the problem was but all is great now. Still not getting perfect bed adhesion but am working on various fixes to see what happens. I feel that with each print...
  2. E

Tips For A New User

I can control the temperature and the speed and layer height and that seems to be about it. No fan and no pre-heating of the extruder. I'm using version 3.0.2 - maybe there's some sort of glitch in there. I'll post here if I hear back from them.
  3. E

Tips For A New User

Well after some experimenting I've had no problems using painters tape so I suppose I'll just stick to that. I suspect the filament might be to blame for the lack of adhesion. I'll try some colorfabb and see if that makes a difference. I'm having no joy getting Simplify3d to pre-heat the...
  4. E

Tips For A New User

Thanks Alex, I think I cursed my latest attempt by posting on here, my raft-less print has just started lifting off. :-(
  5. E

Tips For A New User

Here's a shot of the first layer as it is printing, it all seems to be going down pretty uninformly although maybe I've got the extruder too close to the bed? (Hope this works, I'm not sure how to add pictures here). I've tried printing with rafts three times and had fails every time with it...
  6. E

Tips For A New User

That sounds like a good idea, I'll try that next, just running another attempt now. The shape I'm trying to produce is effectively a tapered tube, narrowing towards the top. I successfully printed it on a smaller scale loads of time on my old Makerbot so I'm sure it just a question of learning...
  7. E

Tips For A New User

Thanks Again Alex, This is all very useful. Thanks for your time. I follwed the instructions on the gMax website to set up Simplify3D with the configuration files and have selected the gCreate gMax 1.5XT+ from the dropdown menu on the printer profiles. It has the right bed size on the preview...
  8. E

Tips For A New User

Thanks Alex, This is great, I'll have a close look at each point and will let you know how I get on. I've just attempted my first larger size print and sadly it lifted up of the print bed on one side. Does the blue tape and hairspray method work well for these printers? I'll give it a go now...
  9. E

Tips For A New User