gMax firmware

AvivB

Hi Gordon,

I've just downloaded the latest firmware you've published on Dec/24.
While playing with the code I notice that it doesn't include some of the new changes exist in Marlin code.
I don't mind to import them from the Erik's original branch but to do so, I need to know in what point you've branched out from Erik's branch.

Can you please publish the commit number which you branched out from?
(first line of 'git log' command show it).

Thanks,
Aviv

You won't get a response from the owners here.

I've done a lot of work customizing Marlin for my own Cohesion3D line of printers, here's a prelim to what needs to happen:

Most of the printer settings are in configuration.h

Clone/ download the newest Marlin. WinMerge is great for comparing the Configuration.h file from gMax with the new one, and plug the appropriate values into the new one. Note the addition of some sections like servo auto leveling (exciting!)

The 2 other files that have any significance are the pins.h and language.h

The pinouts for the gMax are a bit obscure and may or may not deviate slightly from the official motherboard 33/ 34 definitions for the RAMPS 1.4 Board. Mostly has to do with which slot the extruder heater, cooling fan, and potentially 2nd extruder heater are plugged in to of the 3 screw terminal sets. Again, WinMerge will help.

Finally, on the LCD if you've seen "gMax Ready" that line is in language.h as "Marlin Ready". Feel free to make that change to whatever you want. Naturally, all my printers say "Cohesion3D Ready".

That's everything I've had to deal with.

My email is on the site below if you need anything.