The printer Is this still available here is a link to a movie
  3. B

For Sale gMax 1.5 XT+

DarkWolf, checking to see you received the PM
  4. B

For Sale gMax 1.5 XT+

5. B

Metal Hotend upgrade

I am sure I was not clear … The BLtouch sensor holder (bracket) was physically to long… and the BLtouch sensor, even with the pin fully retracted would hit the build surface. I had to remove the washes that is on each end of the spring to be able to adjust the BLTouch to the right height.
  6. B

Metal Hotend upgrade

I just upgraded to the E3D v6 All-Metal Hotend and this is what I found. The prints are much better.!!! :D When installing the E3D v6 I had some problems. 1) The BLTouch as to long and I had to remove the washes to be able to adjust the BLTouch to the right height. 2) The shroud was too...
  7. B

newby questions

Here is a link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=652&p=2804&hilit=simplify#p2804 that may help you... and he has a S3D factory file that has helped me get started. It only took a week to understand Simplify3D... and the gMax printer... You going to love the fact you purchased Simplify3D. They also have great...
  8. B

Wrinkling in first layer

I'm new to 3d printing... but ...it looks to me like the filament is not sticking ... I have had the same problem and went nuts for a few days over this problem. This link helped me with filament sticking. https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/ I also downloaded the config file...
  9. B

New Heated Print Bed + PEI !!!

Are you printing right on the glass are you putting something on the glass like glue or tape?
  10. B

New Heated Print Bed + PEI !!!

I ordered and received the heated bed with Buildtak… but have not installed it yet. Can I install it and then put Glass over it? I am under the impression the Buildtak can be damaged easily.
  11. B

Don't know where to start with this one?

I have never had or played with a 3D printer before buying the gMax 1.5 XT For me I only had a few small setup problems… 1) Before turning on the printer I made sure the bed moved back with ease (in my case I have to adjust the right rail that the table rides on). 2) Next I made sure the...
  12. B

I need a little help with PLA/PHA

Thank you I will give all of that a try. Bob
  13. B

I need a little help with PLA/PHA

14. B

My Recommendations For Printing at gMax Scale

I have never had a 3D printer and have never used Simplify3D. I received my printer yesterday... the packing was great and I did not see any damage to the box or printer. However I did have a problem with the printer. The problems was the printer right bed rail was off my 3/4 of an inch in the...
  15. B

My Recommendations For Printing at gMax Scale

I ordered the gMax 1.5 3 weeks ago. I have to say after reading the above I am thinking about to canceling my order. It is hard to believe that for almost $3000 you have to play around with having to look for screws that are lose and have to spend so much time in double and triple checking...