GMax 2 Pro Replacement Parts

Hi there,
I've noticed that the G Create site has been down for a little while, and was wondering if I could get some advice on finding replacement parts for the printer from other web stores, should the site not come back online. It's been a great printer so far and I would love to be able to maintain it. Could I also get some pointers on other forums that talk about GMax troubleshooting? Thanks!

Josh

I think it’s dead here. I’ve had so many problems with this printer. Finally got fed up. Ripped the SKR 2 board out of the machine and upgraded to the SKR 3 board. It no longer runs marlin and switched everything over to klipper. Runs great now.

Yeah, that’s what it seems like no heads up or nothing. I was surprised when I tried going to the website as I wanted to order a new bed plate for the printer.​

This is what I sent them before I found out they'd gone out of business;

"I've been printing a model now for 17 hours;

1693368190632.png

After this time, every 10 minutes or so, the nozzle parks itself and the filament pulls out by the machine;

1693368192960.png

1693368193007.png

I re-insert the filament, hit continue and the model keeps running. This shows up at the top of the screen;

1693368190775.png

Then it gets going again and 10 minutes later the same thing happens again. I've changed filament, etc. What's going on? After 17 1/2 hours I'd rather not have to give up on this and start again.

I've also attached a few other photos for reference showing the nozzle, etc;

1693368190828.png

1693368193157.png

1693368190931.png

The blue insulation is getting pretty wrecked. Do you sell these separately and have a little guide on how to put a new one on? I think you'd have to take out the wire and thermal brass cylinder right?
I've been printing a model now for 17 hours;

1693368193263.png

After this time, every 10 minutes or so, the nozzle parks itself and the filament pulls out by the machine;

1693368193309.png

1693368193358.png

I re-insert the filament, hit continue and the model keeps running. This shows up at the top of the screen;

1693368193409.png

Then it gets going again and 10 minutes later the same thing happens again. I've changed filament, etc. What's going on? After 17 1/2 hours I'd rather not have to give up on this and start again.

1693368193485.png

1693368193543.png

1693368193598.png

The blue insulation is getting pretty wrecked. Do you sell these separately and have a little guide on how to put a new one on? I think you'd have to take out the wire and thermal brass cylinder right?"

I think it may be a loose wire or hopefully something simple(!). What did they do with all the old inventory/spares? Happily buy a lot just incase rather than buy a new machine.

Thank you,

Trevor

Attachments

This is what I sent them before I found out they'd gone out of business;

"I've been printing a model now for 17 hours;

View attachment 1779

View attachment 1781

View attachment 1782

View attachment 1785

View attachment 1786

View attachment 1792

View attachment 1788

The blue insulation is getting pretty wrecked. Do you sell these separately and have a little guide on how to put a new one on? I think you'd have to take out the wire and thermal brass cylinder right?
I've been printing a model now for 17 hours;

View attachment 1793

View attachment 1794

View attachment 1795

View attachment 1796

View attachment 1799

View attachment 1798

View attachment 1797

The blue insulation is getting pretty wrecked. Do you sell these separately and have a little guide on how to put a new one on? I think you'd have to take out the wire and thermal brass cylinder right?"

I think it may be a loose wire or hopefully something simple(!). What did they do with all the old inventory/spares? Happily buy a lot just incase rather than buy a new machine.

Thank you,

Trevor
hey did you ever get this resolved?, it sounds lie you have a bad thermistor or the connect to the thermistor is faulty and therefore not getting an accurate temp reading if you have a pc and pronterface you can connect to check temps and possibly do a pid autotune