Hexagon Hotend

Hello. I will be receiving my gcreate printer next week hopefully... I would like to upgrade to an all metal hotend at some point in time. I have the most experience with the Hexagon Hotends. I havent used an E3D hotend yet.

Would the hexagon work with the gcreate. is there anything special I would need to do to accomodate using it?
thank you folks.

I run the stock hexagon and E3D V6 on my Taz printers. They use the same groove mount setup so, if the E3D works on the gMax, the Hexagon should as well.

The Hexagon is slightly shorter than the E3D and I would say, based on my experience, less reliable. For example, I am currently battling a filament problem that is causing repeated filament strips in my Hexagon units while the E3D has not experienced a single failure. I will be installing an E3D hotend on my gMax when I receive it.

ill certainly try a e3d, which one do you recomend? ill buy one so its waiting for me when my printer gets here.
or perhaps ill order a 2nd toolhead to swap it out on.

BTW, can you run 2 single extruders on the X axis carriage and printer 2 items at once? or does it have to be a dual extruder? do you know?

I think you will need the 1.75mm universal 12 volt. I will need to double check that the gMax is a 12 volt printer rather than 24 volt. I have not received my printer yet.

You might check http://www.filastruder.com/products/all ... -v6-hotend before you order. They have been great to work with in the past and have all the E3D variants on hand.

Another thing to consider regarding the hot end... The AO version Hexagon Lulzbot runs on the Taz and Mini are set up, internally, for 3mm filament. I have heard they will run 1.75mm but, you could have problems for that reason if you chose that hotend.

The pictures I have seen of gMax toolheads with E3D hotends were using the stock E3D heatsink fan. The thing that might require modification is the extrusion cooling fan duct. The E3D is a longer hotend so, the fan / fan duct may need to be moved a little lower to blow on the extruded plastic rather than the nozzle or heater block.

I did see a forum post about running two tool heads in a master / slave arrangement to produce duplicate parts during the same print. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=518

any of you guys print PETG with the current stock extruder?
I use PETG almost exclusively for my customer parts and want to make sure i can use it on the stock extruder, or i will have to upgrade.
thanks