Ah that makes sense. I'm still waiting to test my heated bed. Seems I was one of the unlucky folks to get a printer with the wrong bed control cables. Team shipped the replacement today, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I installed an updated firmware provided by gCreate support and it has some weird issues. The X-Axis controls seem to be inverted and the stepping on the Y-Axis seems off as running auto-home causes the printer to crash violently into the right X stop (screen shows it thinks it's going towards 0 but it's really at 500+mm). Link to video below which shows what auto-home does after new firmware. I even tried clearing the eeprom and restoring safe defaults from the menu. Only after did k realize that the original firmware for gmax2 isn't posted anywhere so I can't even roll back... Dead in the water again. I'm not giving up yet but damn this has been a rollercoaster.
I must say I have gotten good support thus far but am still working through various issues due to poor packing of the Gmax 2 when they are shipped. My X carriage ended up getting bent during shipping and my bltouch damaged. Gcreate has a sent me replacement parts for both. However even the replacement parts were packed poorly and the pulley on the right side came damaged in shipping. I was able to take the pulley off of the damaged X carriage and use is but it would appear that the gear on the X motor may be defective also because I'm getting serious belt wobble on that side. Also I am getting poor prints with my replacement parts so I'm very confused.
Overall for the cost of the Gmax 2 printer I shouldn't have received a damaged printer and be receiving damaged replacement parts. If Gcreate wants to be known as having good printers they need to resolve their poor packing and poor quality control.