Need help installing Marlin v1.1.8 to Gmax 1.5+

Greetings,
I'd like (I think?) to upgrade my current system from Marlin V1.0.2 to the latest Marlin update V1.1.8

I see reference to Cura (only) in the announcement. I'm using Simplify3D slicer.
I've been unsuccessful locating any info or tutorials on how to run this upgrade to my machine.
Would surely appreciate some guidance/ or info relating to this topic.

I'm admittedly, pretty new to this 3D printing world, and struggling through the learnings.

Thanks in advance.
RS

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Simplify3D does not have the ability to update the firmware of the gMax printer. Cura is an easy and free slicing software to work with. It allows us to quickly update the firmware as well. You can use cura only for updating the firmware, you do not have to slice with it. The alternate way to update the firmware is by using the arduino IDE program. There are several more steps involved with arduino though. And can be a bit confusing if you have never worked with it before.

Simplify3D does not have the ability to update the firmware of the gMax printer. Cura is an easy and free slicing software to work with. It allows us to quickly update the firmware as well. You can use cura only for updating the firmware, you do not have to slice with it. The alternate way to update the firmware is by using the arduino IDE program. There are several more steps involved with arduino though. And can be a bit confusing if you have never worked with it before.
Thank you! Very helpful and great support.