- License Type
- GPL License
- Compatible With
- gMax 1.5+
Marlin 1.1.8 Firmware
Used on the gMax 1.5+ 3d printer with a Full Graphic Display. This new version of Marlin includes several new features for your gMax printer and improvements to the existing firmware. Please read the "READ ME" pdf in the zip file before use.
The new firmware includes .hex files and you can simply upload using Cura slicing software. Refer to this tutorial for a simple walk through on installing firmware with Cura:
Note you must remove any G29 commands and run "gMax Tools > Level Bed" for the new firmware to work. Also change any M106 S commands to M107 to turn off the cooling fan.
If your printer gets stuck in a boot loop, format your SD card using "default allocation size" or try another SD card.
- Ability to save bed leveling matrix
- Repeat last print
- Cura 3.2 Profiles
- First layer babystep-z is now automatically applied to z-offset
- Filament runout sensor support
- gMax Tools (Purge and remove filament)
- Simplified menu
- RGB LED Neopixel status bar support (10 pixels)
- Improved SD card response
- E3d Volcano integrated in new slicing files
- BLTouch has now been fully integrated into Marlin.
- Advanced stop feature: Once you stop a print the extruder will raise and move out of the way before canceling the print.
- Export mesh bed leveling matrix to host software to see bed level numbers.
- Fixed issue with printing from USB with SD card inserted causing head to crash into bed.
- M106  no longer turns off the fan. Use M107 to turn it off in your start and end gcode.
The original Marlin github can be found here:
Marlin Github changelog:
NoteDo not use the configuration files for the gMax found on the github page. Always download the gMax firmware found on our forum to ensure it works on your printer.
A huge thank you to the entire Marlin Development team. We will be incorporating our changes to the Marlin github and as always our source code is available in the .zip file.